Monday, February 16, 2009

Record SHOP!

So i found out something really awesome over this past weekend...Cookman Ave in Asbury Park is getting A RECORD SHOP!!! Finally! My buddy Joe is actually opening it up and its gonna sell new and used vinyl and used cds. Its also gonna have clothing and the bottom floor will be a little performance space and get this...A PINBALL MACHINE MUSEUM!!! but you'll be able to play them of course. No digital machines. I can't wait, records and pinball and I don't have to travel far to have them. YAY! I think the opening is gonna be on March 7th. So excited!
Just got some mixes of demos of some new songs Robert and I wrote down in Austin. I'll try to post something up here soon. Just gotta check with my label about that because they are really weird about me posting shit like that. I don't really understand why not and I probably never will but i'm gonna try.
Just found out today that we turn our clocks forward again in just three weeks. Winter is actually going fast. I felt like i just turned them forward yesterday. It's a good thing as my dark and cold weather depression has been blistering this season but I still hate feeling like I don't have enough time to do the things I want to do. Things just go so fast. Perhaps I should start waking up at 6am.

2 comments:

The Running Bob said...

My god, don't ever start waking-up at 6 a.m.! It was the first sign that I became old. By all means, put-off waking before the sun as long as possible!

DaveCromwell said...

I like vinyl records again. I've got them lined up in front of my new turntable. I've also still got a cassette player in the room - so at any given moment I could put on a vinyl record - a cassette tape - a CD - or an MP3. It's like a museum of formats in here!

Can't wait to hear your new music, Nicole!