Monday, April 26, 2010

"Its a wonderful Life" cover via Large Hearted Boy



Our buddies over at Large Hearted Boy posted an mp3 of our cover of Sparklehorse's "Its a Wonderful Life" from SXSW. You can listen here:
http://www.lullabyes.net/blog/2010/04/nicole-atkins-031910.html

Going to the Carraige House in Connecticut tomorrow with my producer Phil to start mixing "Mondo Amore" Its really starting to come together! Yay!
In other news, since my tour with Midlake got squashed because of the volcano, I did get to go to Baltimore last week to play a streetfair and low and behold, ended up drinking vodkas with John Waters. WTF! It was pretty damn awesome and surreal. He gave me some great cooking tips. Apparently flank steak has no calories! hahah!
In the words of good ol' Socrates "Be excellent to eachother."

2 comments:

the_donny said...

What? Baltimore? And you didn't call to say hi? *Sniff*

UmbrellaDown said...

^^ I remember you. You should put your photos online sometime if you get a chance. It would be awesome to see some.

Nicole:

My dad helped me manually forced into place till I can get if fixed. Fortunately, the night breeze was very non-damp and temperate all the way home.

While my talents don't lie in photography, I collect old sheet music covers and have a few that have always reminded me of your music in particular,and I'd have definitely given them to you if I'd have known.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/Chibi-X/0524000144.jpg?t=1274680297

I checked out Midlake and listened to "Roscoe". Lovely overcast morning music.

I didn't realize you were into Argento. I just saw the original Suspiria a few weeks ago and had absolutely fallen in love it, along with the theme by Goblin. Bah. I'd have definitely brought that up over talking about the merits of mayo.

So glad that "heavy boots" will be on the new album, because It's stunning live. I'll bring my friends the next time you tour MD for sure!